Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Blending Different Images.

I'm going to show you how to blend two or more images that have different background, because most of the blending tutorials use images with the same background, but I think there are cases when you want to use different images.
1.First, open PFS, then go to File-Open and open your images.
I will use this and this. Let's call them image 1 and image 2.
Choose an image, this will be your base (you're going to put the other image on this), in my case, that's image 1.
If your base is smaller than the other image, you need to resize the other image. Find out which is the right size this way: change the size (Image-Image Size), then Edit-Copy and Paste it onto the base. Then click this to remove the image from the base:  Repeat these steps until you find the right size.
2. Now that you have the size, go to Edit-Copy and Paste it onto the base image, and move it around to where you want it to be. It should look like this:

3. The third step is to remove that ugly black background from image 2. Click the Erase Tool:
  (People usually use the Clone Stamp Tool to do this, but it just doesn't work for me. The Erase Tool does the same thing, anyway.)
Set the radius (the bigger it is the better it erases) and the pressure, and then start erasing the background. Be careful!
After you're finished, it should look like this:

That's it, you're done!
I like to use the Blur Tool to make it look smoother.
I use this method to all of my banners that include blending, like this and this. In the latter I used this tutorial to put Jasper on the banner.

No comments:

Post a Comment